Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Flashback: In My Time!



Not so long ago I was zapping on TV, thing that I don´t do often cause I think it make us loose awareness of reality in some way, and decided to stop in MTV to take a fast look. I stopped seeing that channel from the time they left the essence of music aside to match the hunger of rampant consumerism with commercial hits and futile “real life” programs but that day, in that moment, I felt the nostalgia of when I was a meter and a half of music lover, of the days spent with my dad watching the best of music, learning about 70´s and 80´s way of life and how music in that time influenced so many people never forgetting of course my beloved 90´s that I miss so much. Well… I have to say I wasn´t surprised with the outcome! Plastic music that stays in your head and that annoys after a short time, music for the masses of today that forget the true beauty of it, music for crowds that think in the same way, dress in the same way, do the same things, want everything here and now… For the sake of god where are we going to in such a rush? In my time everything was in slow-motion with music taking its time to evolve, with people appreciating good music never getting tired or bored of listening the same thing again and again now I´m only (almost) 22 years old and I already speak like it was 70 years ago maybe I’m getting old to fast but I prefer to think people are getting faster and equal almost like they need to be accepted and to live their “mirror lives” in only one day. 

“I´d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.” Kurt Cobain

A temporal change, an interruption of a narrative chronological sequence, a remembrance of albuns or events that were news and that remain current. Flashback at "HeavyHardMetalmania.net", with Pedro Ribeiro"The wisdom is found in the extremes, all extreme Metal here!"


No comments:

Post a Comment