Sunday, March 31, 2013

Keep Of Kalessin: New Lineup and New Video "Introspection"



Norwegian Melodic Black/Death Metal Keep Of Kalessin, released a music video for their new single "Introspection". The song marks the debut of guitarist Arnt "Obsidian C." Gronbech as the band`s new lead singer, replacing Torbjorn "Thebon" Schei, who left the band without giving much explanation. Check it out below!

These are Keep Of Kalessin's and Thebon's official statements on him being fired from the band (2013):

Keep of Kalessin:
"We haven't heard from him in 5 months. He went to South Africa with his girlfriend and we received no life sign or answers to our messages." comments guitarist and now also front man Obsidian C.
"Instead of waiting it out we just had to move on and I started testing the vocals in the studio myself, realizing my vocals were far from bad. I've always been the driving force of the band and I found it to be easier if I just managed to handle the vocals from now on instead of replacing Thebon with someone else. The worst part of this will of course be to do both vocals and guitars live, but it's all a matter of practice, really. We now feel that this is the way to go and that the band is in fact stronger than ever!"

Thebon:
"I´m not missing in the jungle, I went to study and relax for three months and did not hear anything from the band in that time. I got a message about a band meeting a week ago,but did´t reply because I was preoccupied with other projects, and I was deciding if I wanted to continue with KOK.
Today I read in a press release that they have recorded new music, and even made a video,and fired me in public at the Inferno Festival. Clearly this proves that they have made their decision about me quite some time ago. This kind of loyalty and friendship is exactly one of the reasons I have been considering leaving the band for quite some time now. I wish them all the best."

The name Keep of Kalessin comes from Ursula K. Le Guin's novel "The Farthest Shore", which is book 3 of the Earthsea Trilogy. It is an island home to the eldest dragon of all of Earthsea, named Kalessin, and is, "an island like a tower. Its cliffs were black and made up of many cylinders or great pillars pressed together, with straight edges and plane surfaces, rising three hundred feet sheer from the water". Many of their lyrics revolve around this book series.


No comments:

Post a Comment